Wednesday, January 07, 2009

welcome to 2009

Hello, everybody. How's the new year been treating you?? I rang it in with a FIERCE and persistent sinus infection, that I've had off and on for the past few weeks. On New Year's Eve, after Heidi cooked a lovely dinner, and we played some Rock Band, and watched Dirty Dancing (I have to admit - I'd never seen the whole thing until that night. I was not a movie person when I was a kid, and so I missed the whole thing entirely.) I went home at 11:30, and was therefore in the shower, steaming my sinuses, when the clock struck 12:00. New Year's Day and the rest of the weekend found me either in bed, hovering over a bowl of steam with a towel wrapped around my head, or... well, actually, that was about it.

I'm resolved to do a few things, namely learn to purl, then make things utilizing both the knit and purl stitch WITHIN THE SAME PROJECT (Ooooohhhhhoooohhhh), and pretty much, I've decided that this is the year that I'm gonna become fabulous. You know that there are those people that when you think of them you gush effusively to your friends "Oh, that so and so. She's FABULOUS" - yeah, well I want that to be me. I've enlisted the assistance of Clinton Kelly and his book (wait for it) "Freakin' Fabulous" which is very very useful. Oh, and since we're offering free classes at our new Academy, I'm going to be donning the tap shoes once again. For nothing is more fabulous than tap dancing, no?

No comments: