Friday, June 05, 2009

It's time to party in the park: Ravinia's back! :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Weekend

It's time to party in the park: Ravinia's back! :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Weekend

Shared via AddThis

I recently had a conversation with someone who told me he "picnics free" at Millennium Park and that in his view, Ravinia isn't even in Chicago's top 10 of good stuff. I love him mucho, but I have to disagree - I love Ravinia - to me, it IS summer. I've had lots of happy memories there. I've met some great friends there, and once I got hit on by a 12 year old - and honestly? Where else can you see the CSO, Carrie Underwood, the music of ABBA, and Divas from the operatic and broadway stage, all within days of each other? Nowhere, that's where. So welcome back, Ravinia. I'll see you at the end of the month.

No comments: