Wednesday, June 03, 2009

'splain, please!

This has been bugging me since yesterday - I had a Stouffer's mac and cheese for lunch yesterday. To pass time waiting for it to cook, I was reading the box, you know, like you do. Microwave cooking takes 6 minutes but I was interested to note that you can, if you so choose, pop the thing into the oven and let it cook for 50 minutes. I swear that's what it said. So here's my question. Why on earth would you not just break out the velveeta shells and make those instead - that takes maybe 10 minutes. Seriously, I will come over and cook you a plate of mac and cheese in under 50 minutes. In most places I think you could have a whole sit down meal in 50 minutes. Doesn't that sort of miss the point of convenient microwave cooking?

Yesterday was just a wealth of new food experiences - I stopped in at Starbucks before my physical therapy appointment (don't ask). I was early. Like ridiculously early. I'm always early, to everything, all the time. I was born several weeks early, which I think explains a lot. Anyway, I didn't want any coffee (fool!) but opted instead for a bottle of Naked brand juice called "Peach Mangosteen Bliss" and I thought they were just being cute, but it turns out there actually is a fruit called a "mangosteen" (don't believe me? go here to read about it.) - I had never heard of this fruit before, but it sure does make some tasty juice.

One more thing - does anyone else find it puzzling/annoying/vexing/whatever that former IL first lady Patti Blago is on "I'm a Celebrity - Get Me Out of Here!" because a. she's not a celebrity and b. oh, wait, that's pretty much it. She's not a celebrity. She's eating bugs on tv for money (that's 'classy' with a capital k, baby) and telling members of the nation who watch this crap (and no I am not one of them, thank you!) that G-Rod was falsely accused. Here's an idea - why don't you both move to another state and GET A JOB, dears! I would be hiding in my house with the shades drawn if I were either of them. Oh and I read this morning that the children's cancer charity that she offered to give the show money to turned her down.

My goodness, where did that all come from? Sorry for the babbling, I didn't sleep so well last night. When I did sleep, I had a really bizarre dream about a series of earthquakes here in IL. We were watching the progress of one (!) on tv and were like, oh, it's going to miss us. But then there was an aftershock or something, and it brought the tree in our front yard crashing to the ground. Scary bananas. I woke up with my heart pounding, but figured, hey, at least my teeth weren't falling out, so... progress?

No comments: