Friday, August 14, 2009

my rapidly filling dance card!

As the summer is nearing an end, I am starting to fill my calendar with entertainment options... take a peek...

August 16 - Spring Awakening (I was on the fence about this one, but finally decided to go and check it out. As a nod to my own uncertainty, I got a ticket in the balcony. So if I really hate it, I won't have blown a whole bunch of cash on it...)
September 12 - U2 at Soldier Field - rock and roll, baby!
September 17 - Joffrey's FREE performance at Millennium Park!
September 19 - Bill T. Jones dance commission Fondly Do We Hope... at Ravinia
September 25 - Couture & Cocktails fashion show spectacular at the Palmer House (I'll be working, yes, but I WILL be there)
October 7 - Kylie Minogue at the Congress Theater
October 14-25 - The Joffrey will perform Lar Lubovich's Othello - a Chicago premiere!

AND Coming in November - Cirque du Soleil is reportedly bringing a new vaudeville style show to the Chicago Theater, and Nathan Lane and Bebe Neuwirth will be in town for the Addams Family. This is what I am planning for my birthday, if anyone wants to join the celebration - dinner at Petterino's and then watching the cirque show - can't wait!

No comments: