Monday, September 28, 2009

happyfallmonday

Gosh it is cold out there today. I am hunkered down in my cubicle with a nice hot earl grey vanilla creme tea latte from Argo - even sweeter because it was FREE! Their LoyalTea club ROCKS.

The weekend was PACKED. Friday - I don't think I had a moment to sit and think, I was on the go constantly. Which, to be honest, I really sort of love. I like to be busy. We had a luncheon, followed by a birthday "surprise" for my boss... we had cake for him upstairs and someone made the mistake of asking ME to round him up and get him up there. Queen of the Cunning Ruse, I am, apparently. I went into his office and said something like, we need you upstairs right now, but he looked at me and was like "I know what YOU'RE up to!" and then I started to smile. Busted. But he came and we sang and it was nice.

Friday was also our Season Opening event, Couture & Cocktails - we took over the Palmer House hotel with our party and fashion show. A real live runway show, right in the lobby of the hotel. It was crowded and noisy and awesome. I was working, but it was still much fun. It was also a bit of a "Stomp to the death" scenario as they would say on ANTM, because upstairs, the Goodman was also having an event - in one of the rooms we needed to set up in. Rival parties! Oh no! I also got many compliments on my dress - which, by the way, was a $50 find from H&M.

Saturday - met up with Livia and with Heidi and went to the Lill Warehouse Sample Sale. I know you are asking yourselves "Really with the bags, really?" But yes. Have you seen Lill bags? Too cute for words. And at the sale, they are DEEPLY on sale. But I was good. I got one bag (a "Hadley" - does that now make me Queen Sophie-Anne Leclerq's new consort?) and a wristlet. This sale had less stuff than the one Heidi and I went to in the spring, which might be a good thing, honestly. Too much choice = me spending way too much $$ on bags.

Sunday I stayed home and recovered from the weekend. Watched da Bears - am glad they won because if they continued their stinkishness, I was seriously considering defecting and taking my NFL loyalties elsewhere. I was thinking Indianapolis. The Colts are a good team, right? Or else the Giants - anywhere with a Manning.

It must be fall - the other night, I dreamed about buying boots!

No comments: