Friday, September 11, 2009

if only angels could prevail, we'd be the way we were...




Here we are, on 9/11, 9 years later. I still remember every detail of that day -hearing the news from the plumber, then being at work. We had a staff meeting that day, so food had been ordered in, but we didn't want to meet. We sat around at our computers instead, desperate for news. I remember putting on music for comfort - Renee Fleming singing O Silver Moon from Rusalka. I remember the eerie sound of silence - no airplanes flying overhead. I remember candelight memorials and the deep, profound feeling of innocence lost. I remember the (brief) drive to work that morning, and feeling that while everything looked the same - my street, my home, my office, the same trees, the same sky, the same everything - that things had changed, they felt different.



No comments: