Wednesday, November 11, 2009

i dreamed a dream...

So Susan Boyle was on the Dancing with the Stars results show last night (as completely shameless filler), singing her "signature song" (or, like, her ONLY song) "I Dreamed A Dream" from Les Mis. And she was... fine. She has a nice voice, I still don't see what's particularly amazing about it. I am happy for her earning the recognition she has, and all that, but buying a whole album? I think not.

Anyway, I can't actually listen to the song without hearing Patti's voice bellowing in my head "SHUT UUPPPPP! Work it OUT! Stop your WHINING!" This is also a problem when watching Les Mis, since it makes me giggle. "Mate, pull me a pint, I've got a revolution to sit out..." I also can't watch the barricade scene without wondering if one of them is Fantine, pretending to be a smelter...

No comments: