Monday, November 09, 2009

springtime in november...

This weekend was absolutely gorgeous! I was outside without a coat. In Chicago. In November. See? Gorgeous. Is it global warming or the end of the world as we know it (and I feel fine?) well, whatever, I will take a few extra 60 degree days.

Saturday - ran around w/Heidi & Jane. Fun times were had by all (except possibly when I got my allergy shots. Those are never fun). Went shoe shopping which you know I totally hate doing and am opposed to at all times. I don't know how on earth she talked me into it. I had my heart broken at Nordstrom's when I found THE cutest pair of shoes ever (I will see if I can find a picture) on SALE, no less, but I fell into that oh so familiar problem - size 8 just a tiny bit too big (in this case, looked like I was playing dress up in my mommy's shoes, that's how big they were) and 7.5 just a tiny bit too snug. After much dithering/deliberating and trying on both pairs of both sizes many many many many times, I bought the 7.5s despite my rule that buying 7.5s is never a good idea ever because they'll invariably be too tight and I'll be miserable. They felt fine though and so I bought them. Fast forward to Sunday, when I wore them around the house to do morning chores etc and literally COULD NOT FEEL MY FEET. Time to return the shoes, sadly. So I did, and it was the right choice, but grrrr. No wonder they were on the sale rack, actually. Probably no one could fit into them. Miz-Moos, you have broken my heart!!

Saturday night we saw Paranormal Activity - and holy crap, it was so scary. I'm still sitting up at night going what was that? Were those footsteps? Answer there - yes, they were footsteps... of my family members getting up in the night. Geez. But just this morning I thought about creepy possessed Katie hovering around at the side of the bed, just staring, and it really really freaked me out. Chills.

And today? It's back to work, still lovely weather so I have got on my boots (earning the affectionate nickname from Heidi of "Bono's Boot Bitch" and a little skirt (emphasis on little - I had no clue how short this thing was before!)

happy monday!

No comments: