Thursday, November 12, 2009

top models, a laugh & an "a-ha" moment

Let's start with the midget models - so called because this is the "shortie" season where only girls under 5'7" were allowed to compete. The girls all whine about how the industry doesn't accept short girls, like they were all dwarves or something. People - I am short. Girls who are 5'7"? Not short! And the top two (the stunning Nicole and the cute as a button, aw-shucks who me? Laura - my 2 faves so yay!) can't be any shorter than 5'7". In fact, the shortest competitor in the house was Sundai who was 5'3". One of Tyra's best most hi-larious comments to her "You photograph short." Well hello. She IS short! Stomp to the death next week!!

The laugh came this morning, courtesy of the CMA awards (via CBS news). I am not a big country fan, but even I became a fan of Taylor Swift after the whole Kanye thing (what a jerk! Let's have Matthew Morrison sing ALL of his songs from now on, ok? I LUURVE his "Golddigger" on the Glee cast recording!). They got him back though, with hosts Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley singing a very country ditty with lyrics that went like this: "Mommas, don't let yer babies grow up to be... Kanye..." Oh how I laughed. Maybe I CAN be a little bit country... oh, okay maybe not. I look bad in hats, and I'd have to move to Texas or something. Yikes. But anyway, it was funny.

The "a-ha" moment came last night during Glee... someone I know mentioned to me that Matthew Morrison had been in Light in the Piazza, which I had seen at LCT with Kelli O'Hara and Victoria Clark. I loved it but did not remember him at all (sorry!!), and I kept meaning to dig out the playbill and take a good look, but I kept forgetting to do it. Until last night. Lo and behold, there he was! I'd seen him after all, as Fabrizio! And I didn't remember it! Well, come on, it was 6 years ago already! It was kind of like when I looked at my Rent cast album and figured out that Jesse L. Martin was on it. I was all like "No way! The Law & Order guy?" (oh, honey. They're ALL Law & Order guys!!) "He SINGS??" etc. The light went on, and I had finally figured it out. Took a long time for me to work that one out, too. Sometimes it ain't pretty.

No comments: