Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda, Gonna...

List of things I need to be doing, but have been putting off/ignoring/backburnering/whatevering....

1. Registration for Fall Semester. I need to get to work on this thesis project... I will, I will, I will!!

2. Going back to Archiver's. *Sigh* It seems like not too long ago when I was working two jobs, going to school and interning. I'd go to work, go to class, work in the evening, work on the weekends... Since I interned at Lyric (the Land of Magical Happiness - I am convinced nothing bad can happen at the Civic Opera House. I love that place.) I left the Big A, because I thought (rightly) that working 2 jobs, class and the internship would make my head explode. I keep saying I'll go back, but honestly? I like coming home after my long day at work, and having my evenings to unwind. I like having time on the weekends to see my friends, or do whatever. Nothing at all, if I want. Do I really want to spend my free time working retail? Is the only motivation the extra money and considerable discount? So I keep saying I will work it out after Gypsy... I guess we will see...

Those are the big two.... There are things I'd LIKE to do, that I just can't find time to. Or, like, it seems a good idea at the time, but then I get home and want to start, but I just can't get motivated...

3. Knitting. I tried and I just couldn't do it. It annoys me no end that I can't do it. I just don't have the patience. Despite the fact that I got that book called "Stitch and Bitch" - can't do it. I am a lefty and I can't even do a row. Very very very upsetting. But then I read Emily's Musings and just really want to try. I won't come as near brilliant as she is, but maybe I could make a lovely muffler or two... The Stitch and Bitch book has a sequel - "The Happy Hooker" about crocheting. I suppose I could also try and teach myself to crochet. But then I just know I'd start making things that nobody wants (crochet mousepads! crochet hats! crochet toilet paper covers!) and people would mock me, not like they don't already...

4. Going to The Gym More than Once A Week. I used to go every single day. That's right. Every day, when I was at Loyola. I'd go and stair master for a good 30 minutes before dinner. Now I go on Sunday mornings. That's it. I need more exercise. I need to suck it up and start a new routine. 21 days to become a habit, quoth Steven Covey....

5. Scrapping. I've got all this stuff. So much paper. And, of course, when I sit down to do a project, none of it is exactly right, so I go off and buy more stuff. The Curse of the Big A. Working around too much temptation and the "I can use that for something" school of buying supplies. Partnered with someone who believes firmly in the power of retail therapy is a dangerous combination indeed. In addition to all my supplies, I've got pictures and stuff to scrap. Just can't sit down to get it done. Plus, there's a lot of pressure from coworkers and magazines.... to be creative... I feel like my layouts aren't up to par with those. I know, it's only me who is going to be looking at those...

This suddenly turned into summer resolutions, or something. I guess I will see how good I am about actually getting any of these done... Y'all will be the first to know....

No comments: