Sunday, August 06, 2006

Time to Scrap!

Nothing like a lazy Sunday afternoon to do some crafting. It has been a while since I've done any actual scrapbooking (like on 12x12 pages, in one of several books, full of pages that are mostly - but not quite - done. There is always something to add, journaling, or little touches.). I went through my scrap stash the other day, and geez, do I have a lot of stuff. I've started getting things strictly on a project-by-project basis. What?!? Buying things I will actually USE instead of going "ooooh, this is pretty. i can use this for... something...")? Amazing.

Anyway. The creative juices were flowing - actually since Friday, when I did some cards. I always make something to give to Renee when I see her, and so I did something for her... Why is it that I always have these great ideas in my head that don't turn out AT ALL when I actually try to do them?? And, being a lefty, I can't cut to save my life. Even with a paper trimmer. No wonder one of my favorite techniques is tearing. Nobody cares then if your edges aren't straight. I finished the ST cast explosion book (better get it to them fast, before the show closes...) and am working on some surprises... It's fun though, to have nothing else to do but be crafty. I don't have a lot of space to work in, here in my room, so I spread out on every available surface, so usually the place looks like it took a direct hit. Still, tomorrow it is back to reality, and WORK, bills, and talking to the insurance company (EEEK!). Nice to spend a day just being creative.

No comments: