Sunday, August 20, 2006

SundaySundaySunday

Enjoying a lazy weekend. Yesterday, I just chilled out and read the new Meg Cabot (I mused to my mom as we browsed the shelves in the library that maybe, just maybe, I should read something intelligent for a change... but whatever. The book was called "Queen of Babble" and it was predictable, but fun. A beach read, had I but been near a beach. I finished the whole thing. I will read something deep and more meaningful later. Maybe in the winter?).

Today, I made up for the lazing about of last weekend, and resumed usual activity - the gym. Me and all the older male population of our village, feeling the burn in Morton Grove's "Club Fitness". I was by far the youngest person there. And certainly the youngest woman. Still, it's only 6 bucks per day to go, and it's got everything I need for a productive and energetic workout. Feel the burn, baby.

I decided to go to Archiver's and scrap today. I have these things I am making for my next trip to New York in a week or so, and I wanted to get them done today. It took me much longer than I originally thought it would. Once I had all my stuff spread out on the table in front of me, the task just seemed so huge and daunting. I packed up at around 3 (having been there since 11) and still had to run somewhere else for some more supplies. I finished what I wanted to get done, though, so that's something. I haven't done an actual large page in a very long time. I prefer doing cards, shorter time, and you can use the result right away. I have a ton and a half of stuff though, and many many ideas so as soon as i have a minute, I am going to get down to it. STILL undecided about going back there to work. I kind of LIKE having my weekends free. I have put off the decision making until after New York...

Had my iPod (the best purchase I ever made. seriously) with me at the gym and while I was working out. On my playlist today - a little U2, some Train, and my divas, Renee and Patti. When I am working out, I like a good beat. When I am working at the office, or being crafty, I let the iPod choose the music. It's like it knows me...

1 comment:

Sarah B. Roberts said...

Love Meg Cabot and that's a good playlist.