Friday, August 25, 2006

If the shoe fits...

Whoever said, "Money can't buy happiness" has clearly never shopped a good sale. I have been pining away this whole past week for a gorgeous pair of boots in the shoe shop on Church Street. I know, I can hear you saying "It's 90 degrees out, and she's looking at boots??" But, here's the really great thing - they were ON SALE. Monday I went and looked at them. Fingered them longingly. Walked around the store with the single display boot. But I convinced myself that I didn't need a(nother) pair of boots, I have a trip coming up next week (and could buy LOTS of great boots in NYC), and a diva "habit" to support, etc etc. Plus, they didn't exactly have my size. I've been buying 7 1/2 s lately, but that only really works for dressy shoes. I guess it depends on the shoe. Anyway, I convinced myself not to buy them and then spent the rest of the week thinking about them, planning outfits around them, etc. Not quite dreaming about them, but just about.

So then today, I decided to visit them. Try them on and see. If they didn't fit, well obviously, it wasn't meant to be. I'd waited too long and the ones in my real size weren't there anymore. I went in, and tried on the display 7 1/2 boot. Of course, I asked the guy for its mate. They fit fine.... I am not going to be spelunking in them, or taking long walks in them (like I'd do that anyway??) so they will be fine.

PLUS, and here's where the happiness bit comes in - originally they were priced at $119.95 and I got them for 36 bucks. Aside from the over-earnest sales guy (who insisted on calling me a "guest" - I just hate when stores do that) it's seriously like the happiest I've been in, oh, about two weeks.

No comments: