Monday, August 28, 2006

Emmy Twaddle

I was not going to watch the Emmys. I pooh-poohed them. Oh, I pooh-poohed. But I like Conan and I actually like awards shows, so I was sucked in. Like a demented moth to a flame... You will notice most of these observations are more to do with the commercials....

Observations from the Emmys:

1. Loved the bit with Bob Newheart - can just see the Free Bob t-shirts now!
2. Does it bother anyone else that the show "Friday Night Lights" is on Tuesdays? Or is it just me?
3. Funny funny "My Name is Earl" writer, no-thanking people ("No thank you, Mr. McAdoo!") Note to self: watch My Name is Earl. If that guy writes it, it's good stuff.
4. Barry Manilow is officially on the Dead to Me List. He looks like an ALIEN. Was it really necessary for him to be there? Plus, he is a BIG JERK in real life. I have a story. He's a bigger diva than some divas I could name.
5. LOVE Jon Stewart. Want cable so can watch the Daily Show, the Colbert Report and Entourage. Sigh
6. For once, a clever way to introduce the accountants... vair funny. Conan is a great host.
7. There's a director named David Nutter. Love it. I might even "lurve" it.
8. George Hamilton's commercials (he knows about being toasted. hahahaa)
9. Hugh Laurie, why weren't you nominated? I officially LURVE you. "Poof! Cinq!"
10. Candace Bergen, what were you wearing??
11. New Target ads - "parlez-vous tar-jay?" And my oh so clever "voulez-vous tar-jay avec moi?"
12. No Emmy for Chris Meloni....
13. No Emmys for Hugh Laurie, House, or Grey's Anatomy. What gives?? See why I didn't want to watch?
14. "I LOST TO BARRY MANILOW!" - Steven Colbert.
15. But cheers for Helen Mirren, Kelly McDonald and my writing GOD Richard Curtis. Oh, how I lurve him.
16. 24 as best drama? Honey, I don't THINK so!

Better luck next year, I guess....

1 comment:

Sarah B. Roberts said...

But Barry produced Bette's last two albums and they are brilliant! And some day when you're here on a weekday and we're not going to theatre or opera, I'll get you in to see my friend Conan. I have his telephone number.