Sunday, May 13, 2007

thanks, mom

...for bringing me into the world...for teaching me the difference between right and wrong and imparting important values and lessons to live by (i.e "cuteness counts" "don't run in heels" etc)...for reading to me when I was a kid...for teaching me to knit (several times) and not giving up on me when I got impatient with it...for listening to me talk/grumble/whine/bitch/moan about work/friends/school...for always being there when I needed her the most...for making a mean spaghetti sauce....for our morning coffee breaks...for being my email buddy...for playing Pavarotti for me when I was growing up....for being my opera buddy...for always being willing to take in a concert from Luis Miguel, to Andrea Bocelli, to Patti LuPone, Renee Fleming, Cecelia Bartoli, Audra McDonald...for having a sense of humor...for being kind and generous...for loving cake...for being a shopping 'bad influence'... for not killing me when I am in hypochondriac drama queen mode...for saying "take that job or I'll kick your ass!"

for all this and more than I can say here - thanks mom, and Happy Mother's Day

No comments: