Wednesday, April 30, 2008

a dream is a wish your heart makes...

I haven't had many memorable dreams lately, but the one I had last night was so vivid, I am still recalling things from it.

Initially, I was shopping with two ladies from work, in this new shopping center in Naperville (I am sure there ARE places to shop in Naperville, but I certainly have never visited them. So I am mostly sure that I made this place up). With the two girls from work, we just hung around and ate, because this place had all kinds of food.

Anyway, I loved it so much I brought my mom back with me, to this store that was just a paradise for those who love to shop - it had makeup! Bags! Shoes! Other beauty products! In the dream, I was able to remember how to get there and I navigated our way back (which was very amusing, since although we have family in Naperville, I don't know how to get there). Anyway, the part I remember most was trying on two pairs of silver Steve Madden flats and trying to decide which ones to buy. I was dithering between the two styles and then I woke up.

According to the dream dictionary shoes "represent your approach to life. It suggests that you are well-grounded or that you are down to earth. It also represents your convictions about your beliefs. If you are changing your shoes, then it refers to your changing roles. You are taking a new approach to life. To see new shoes in your dream, suggests that you are overconfident in your success. Alternatively you may be on a life path that is unfamiliar to you."

Okay, but really? I think it just means I want to go buy some cute flats....

No comments: