Friday, July 18, 2008

how could i resist you?


I've never seen the stage show Mamma Mia, but I love me some Abba, and I would not miss the chance to see Colin Firth, Meryl Streep and Christine Baranski singing all those classic songs. I've already got "Dancing Queen" stuck in my head...

So, yeah, Mamma Mia! It is a movie adaptation of a stage show based on Abba songs, and I think there, in a nutshell, is all you need to know. The direction is kind of sloppy and some of the singing is cringe worthy (Pierce Brosnan singing SOS, anyone? I swear, there was a collective shudder in the theater everytime the man opened his mouth. Vair vair funny though. Oy, and Meryl Streep?) but you know what? I didn't care. It was fun and funny and just the most perfect summer movie. So go and do not be ashamed. Sit and sing along to "Dancing Queen" (you totally know you want to).

Oh and stay for the credits, I guarantee it is the best part of the entire film, and I would completely go again, just for those closing sequences. I will say no more.

No comments: