Monday, July 21, 2008

sick day!

I seem to have acquired a "summer cold" from somewhere... decided to stay home today rather than inflict my germs on my cube-mates. It was actually a wonderful thing, staying in bed until 10, drinking tea in my jammies (heck, I am still in my jammies!) and being able to go take a nap whenever I want.

In other news, it appears I was at a totally different concert on Saturday night... both the Sun Times and theTrib were dazzled by the Dame (less so VonRhein, I think, who did say in his article that in these farewell concerts, audiences see what they want to see rather than what is there. Maybe my problem was that I didn't have any former glory days performances to compare the concert to... Who knows? It was a beautiful little concert anyway...)

UPDATE: I talked to someone else who was there, who agreed with me that it seemed like Dame KTK had somewhere else she'd rather be. He said that he'd seen her live before and that she had loads of personality and charm... none of which seemed to be in evidence Saturday night. At least it was not just me being crabby.

Also, there was an article in the Sun Times that reported on the Gala and said that Ms. Kiri spent all of 5 minutes mingling with the gala guests at the big party afterwards. Really, Kiri? 5 whole minutes? With the people who paid thousands of dollars to bask in the warm glow of your presence? That means she was probably back at her hotel by the time I found my car in the parking lot. She's made me kind of bitter, I guess...

No comments: