Friday, December 04, 2009

best book - 2009

Today's task:
December 4 Book. What book - fiction or non - touched you? Where were you when you read it? Have you bought and given away multiple copies?

Well, I don't know the Secret (but I have come close to discovering Victoria's Secret - ba dum bum!), what color my parachute is or even who moved my cheese. The book that moved me was A Lion Called Christian the true story of two Aussie blokes and their adopted pet... lion. They eventually set him free in Africa and when they visited him later on, he greeted them joyously. The reunion has been set to "I Will Always Love You" sung by Whitney Houston and posted on youtube. It's making me cry just sitting here typing about it. There is a kids book version of the story, which I spotted in Target last weekend and I was all a-blither just paging through it (I may or may not be receiving said kids picture book as a Christmas present).

What is it about this story? I loved reading about the bond forged between these guys and this lion, how they bought him from Harrods (of all places) and cared for him in the basement of an furniture shop in London. Then they had to teach him how to BE a lion when they brought him to Africa.


No comments: