Wednesday, December 16, 2009

teatime 2009

Today's challenge prompt - my favorite tea!
My dad was recently told by his doctor to start drinking tea and walking. He struck a deal with me - I will drink the tea and do the walking FOR him and he will reap the benefits vicariously. I don't mind a bit - I love tea! It started, funnily enough, when I was in high school, and took a trip to London with the drama department*. On the plane, I decided to do the thing right, and drink a cup of tea when the beverage trolley came around. I do drink coffee, but I am instantly comforted by a nice hot cup of tea and since my stomach is annoyed by coffee, I've switched to tea. I'm not right in the morning until I've had my tea. When I make it on my own here at the office, I like Tazo's Awake Tea. But since I work about a block from Argo Tea, I will sometimes, when I need a treat (like today!) pop over there and get an Earl Grey Vanilla Creme Tea Latte. Earl Grey tea (which I actually don't like on its own), vanilla, and steamed milk. I am drinking one now!

(Hot tea and a good book - is there anything better?
Unfortunately, I'm at work, so will not be reading until lunch!)

* Best.Trip.Ever. It was my first time away from home and out of the country, our chaperones buggered off to go drinking and so we were left to our own devices, despite promises made to our parents!! One of my classmates snuck out of our crazy hotel and took himself to see Buckles in Sunset Boulevard. I remember a particularly happy solo excursion as I wandered Piccadilly Circus - alone - shopping and puttering around. I wasn't worried at all, I felt perfectly safe. Plus, I knew how to get back to the hotel so who cared??

No comments: