Friday, February 12, 2010

another awesome alternative

Single and fabulous?? Planning a fun day with friends and chocolate because you are not part of a couple? For years, my friends and I have celebrated "Arizona Statehood Day" on February 14th, but last night, my life icon, Liz Lemon, introduced me to yet another reason to celebrate on February 14 - it is the birthdate of Anna Howard Shaw, American Suffragette. Go here to see Liz buying some cookies from Pete's daughter in celebration of Anna!

It is also the birthday of the Queen of Hearts, American Soprano Extraordinary, Renée Fleming!! We could get some cookies in honor of Renée, too.

So this Sunday, celebrate Girl Power, Sisterhood, Renée Fleming, and the Great State of Arizona. They have given us the Grand Canyon, and the Cardinals, and a place for Spring Training, and I am sure many many other things.

No comments: