Friday, February 26, 2010

coming up...

Busy busy busy for the next couple of weeks, here's where I'll be, if you should be looking for me, or would like to join me for dinner and a show (and a dirty martini?? Haha, just kidding!) But don't call me while I am at the theater, particularly on March 5,6,7. Keep reading, you will see why. I have good seats and don't want The Wrath unleashed.

2/26 Cinderella at ATRU - working at the donor table, come say hi!
2/27 Cinderella at ATRU (matinee)- working again, stop and buy raffle tickets!
2/28 Cinderella at ATRU - in the audience this time!
3/4 Stephen Sondheim at the Harris Theater - a word on this one. I was at Physical Therapy yesterday and chatting with my therapist about the good, stress relieving things in my future, and I mentioned, happily, that I was going to see Sondheim speaking at the Harris. She smiled cheerfully and said "Who's that?" Soul crushing. Maybe working in a performing environment and having show geeks as friends, I just naturally assume that everyone's heard of him? I don't think I've ever run across anyone who's never at least heard the name Sondheim (even in the lyrics of Rent?). Ah well. I'm excited to see him, anyway, even if I HATE the danged Harris Theater with a fiery passion.
3/5, 6, 7 Patti LuPone and Mandy Patinkin's Rainbow Tour. Okay, fine, they're not actually calling it that, but they should! And yes, I am going three times. Don't judge me. I'm taking some people each of those nights (and meeting up with some of mom's North Shore co-workers who squealed like schoolgirls at the chance of seeing Mandy. Last time he was in Skokie, he sang in Yiddish a little and had all of these ladies eating out of the palm of his hand.) I love watching both of them together and am very very very excited. Something to look forward to, and after the week I've had, I NEED IT.

End of the month, I'm heading back to the airport hangar known as the Harris Theater for Christine Ebersole. Whew!!!!

No comments: