Friday, February 05, 2010

valentine's advice... from Martha Stewart

I've gotten hooked on Dove's dark chocolate promise hearts - there is a bag of them in my snack drawer at the office (very very very very dangerous). Anyway, these particular hearts have Martha Stewart advice in the little foil wrapper, tips for a happy and creative Valentine's Day (it's a good thing!). Anyway, most of the advice in the wrapper is just kind of whatever - like, I had one that advised me to keep valentine chocolates in a cool place so they'd keep longer, or to wrap a chocolate bar in a doily and tie it with ribbon, or arrange bud vases in the shape of a heart. Yesterday, I was sitting at my desk, eating some chocolate hearts and got this message:

"Swirl in raspberry jam to make a perfect valentine cheesecake"
This one confused me a little bit. Swirl raspberry jam into what, exactly? Am I making this cheesecake? Won't I need a little more guidance than that, in this case? If I'm buying the cheesecake, where do I swirl in this jam? And if I'm buying the cheesecake in any case, can't I just buy a flavored one?

Then I ate another chocolate (what? it was a stressful day and sometimes these little hearts are the only things that keep me going) and this one said:

"Acknowledge Cupid on V-day with toast cut into hearts and arrows"
Just don't put any raspberry jam on the arrows, because then you'd be giving off a whole other message.
Heh.

No comments: