Thursday, February 04, 2010

team USA

I found a website this week showing off Team USA's official Olympic gear, designed by Ralph Lauren. Here's a peek at what they will be wearing in the Opening Ceremonies next week:
What do we think of this??? Anybody? I don't know. It's cute, I guess. But - white pants after Labor Day? No, just kidding. RL's large polo pony logo is a little odd - I know it's his logo but it is also the WINTER Olympics, yes? No polo happening unless there's like a new X-Game sport called snow polo or something like that. I think this country club look would be better suited to the summer games in London in 2012. White pants and all.

"I'm just off for a spot of curling, what?"

Nothing beats the adorable Roots beret worn during the 2002 Salt Lake City games. I still have mine and wear it all the time. People stop me on the street/train and ask me about it. And only sometimes do I pretend that I was on the US Women's luge/curling/bobsleigh team.

If you love all this RL gear, it is available for purchase, naturally, so that if you really want one of those hats or maybe that sweater, it can be yours!

No comments: