Saturday, February 06, 2010

up in the air

I know, I know. I am WAY behind in my movie viewing. This is another one I've wanted to see for a long long time and it was not until today, when I had a free morning, that I was finally able to do it. And it was well worth the wait. Oh, that George Clooney. He's always been kind of lurking around in the back of my mind - undeniably a good looking man, very smooth, our generation's answer to Cary Grant, perhaps? But oh, oh, he was great. I am a George fan now (and what have I been doing while he's been making movies??)
The Oscar race is on again, and this is the first of the best picture nominees I've seen. Tomorrow, I'm thinking of getting An Education before rooting my Colts on to Super Bowl victory. Then, who knows? Now that they have increased the nominees to number 10, it makes it even more impossible for a person to try and see all of them (although naturally, I suppose if I was really that good, I'd have been seeing them all along). It's usually the case though, that there are films I'm just not that interested in - like Avatar (ugh) or District 9 (double ugh) or the Hurt Locker (which I had not even heard of until last week).

No comments: