Thursday, September 27, 2007

fall tv...

Lots of good stuff on the tube this week, which makes me happy that we have multiple vcrs. Now I just need time to watch everything....

Tuesday there was House - I love Hugh Laurie and I don't think there is really anything else to say. Oh, wait, yes there is - how James Spader won the Emmy over Hugh is completely beyond my comprehension. Whatever.

Last night there was the new cycle of America's Next Top Model - which I still love in a very odd, guilty pleasure kind of way. Yesterday, Tyra "took a stand" and made this the first ever non-smoking cycle of ANTM. So all of the girls who smoke gotta kick the habit and fast. Her reason was that lots of people watch the show and "look up to" these girls as role models. Uh, yeah, sure, okay. I just hope that they are now going to help the girls who do smoke to quit, since telling them okay, you're done, isn't terribly helpful and quitting is hard.

Then there was Private Practice, the Grey's Anatomy spinoff starring Kate Walsh as Addison Montgomery. I watched this for a few reasons - one, Addison was probably the most interesting character on Grey's - aside from Sara Ramirez's character, and I no longer care about stupid, wishy-washy Meredith. Two - Audra McDonald came into the cast as Naomi. 3. Taye Diggs (no further explanation needed). I liked the show, even though it seemed a little uneven. When two grown adults have conversations like "I did not move down here because you kissed me" it's kind of like okay... how old are you two? But there were many moments that I smiled at. These mainly involved Taye Diggs. Kidding. I have high hopes for this show, since I think I am Officially Giving Up on Grey's Anatomy this season. Too many McWhoevers and people I don't care about.

Then I went to sleep. I have to be here tonight & it's going to be a late one, so I turned in early....

No comments: