Friday, October 06, 2006

What's that smell?

No, it's not the office fridge... Ohh, I know what it is. It's my pants. I think they're on fire.
Okay, okay, I didn't LIE about the film festival. We had tickets. We were gonna go. But at around 4, my friend calls me, from work. She's not feeling well, there's the beginning of a migrane starting, she didn't want me to trek down there (ticketless) and not have her end up going. She was feeling badly enough that we didn't end up going at all. Truth told, I wasn't feeling that great either, and I didn't mind sitting at home, watching Grey's Anatomy. (That Meredith. Does anyone else just want to slap her silly? Why can't it be called "O'Malley's Anatomy?" Ohh, that sounds kinda dirty.... Ah.... That's another post. I digress.) If there's something coming on, I'd rather rest and not risk anything coming between me and seeing The Diva.

That's right. Ms. Renee Fleming, live and in person TONIGHT (in about 3 hours) at Lyric Opera of Chicago (www.lyricopera.org) So, even though I was excited about seeing the movie, it's really all good.

No comments: