Thursday, October 04, 2007

More on Fall TV...

This is what my life has become - I take the train, work work work, go home, have dinner, watch tv, crash. Gripping stuff, huh? They should make a movie of my life. Anyway, this is what I've been watching:

Monday: Geez, I can't remember. Sad.
Tuesday:

NCIS - wait, I know what you're thinking: a military investigation show that can't even spell "CSI"? But no. It's really good. Good plots that don't always include the military, a cast with great rapport with each other and who don't mutter their lines in rapid-fire monotone (24, I am looking at you!), and perhaps the greatest reason of all: Michael Weatherly.

House - have you been watching House? Hugh Laurie, and I can't say this enough, is brilliant. This season, the cranky doctor is trying to hire additional fellows (since his team either left or was fired). Tuesday night he put about 30 candidates through their paces while trying to solve a medical mystery. I like how this show blends the medical stuff with the character development - you know who these people are, but you don't get hit over the head with overdrawn characterization... Unlike...

Wednesday:

Private Practice - Note to Shonda Rimes: what are you doing with this show??? The medicine is marginal, and the characters are just caricatures - the divorced couple forced to work together, but naturally who still have feelings for each other (Sam and Naomi), the misunderstood playboy (Tim Daly's character), the shrink with relationship issues, the nice guy w/heart of gold (cooper), the surfer midwife receptionist, and Addison. Ohh, Addison. Again, the episode last night had its moments, but they were few and far between. These are not the whiny interns of Grey's Anatomy, but apparently what the whiny interns become when they grow up, and with not as much of Grey's snappy dialogue and catch-phrasiness. I love Audra McDonald and Kate Walsh (and you all know how I feel about Taye Diggs) and I still have hope for this show. Please please please make next week's episode be better.... Oh, and by the way, didn't Sam and Naomi have a child in the first crossover episode? I think they did. And I think they referenced said child in the premier episode, but he/she has since vanished... Who's watching the kid while both parents are doctors? And while they hired a stripper for Sam? And when Sam is sitting with his dog and Addison and Naomi are stalkerishly watching him from the neighboring balcony?

ANTM: Still watching the Top Model. Am not too invested in any of the girls yet, so these past two who got kicked off are not really missed. The best is yet to come though - since next week = makeover week!

No comments: