Tuesday, October 23, 2007

On the Elevator...

You know on Grey's Anatomy and now also Private Practice, whenever a character gets into an elevator, there is always some kind of sexy drama? Like Meredith will get on with McDreamy and their flirting is interrupted by Addison (well, back in the day), or George will be on with Izzie and their flirting will be interrupted by Callie? Or Addison will be on the elevator in her new practice and Tim Daly gets on and their flirting is interrupted by a mysterious voice in the elevator talking to them? Well, okay, not so much that last one any more, since the talking elevator was nixed after the first episode. But you know what the point is here - elevator hijinks.

Maybe people on the west coast have more fun in their elevators, I don't know, but I've just met weird people when I get on here. Like today. I'm on, and I held the door for someone because I saw them coming up behind me. Then I pressed my button for 13 - but it doesn't light up. The woman says to me "What button were you trying to press? 13?" and then, because I am apparently not pushing the button correctly, she pushes it for me. It still doesn't light up. Hmmm. Maybe it's burned out.
"Well," she says "It looks like it doesn't like you."
What? Now the elevator has suddenly taken against me?? Why would you say that to someone? Even if you were joking? "Or maybe it's burned out," I say to her.
"You're probably right," she agrees. "But you'll find out, if it doesn't stop on 13."
Well, okay, thanks very much for that. For the record? It. Was. Burned. Out. The elevator does not have a private vendetta against me. Geez. Back to my coffee...

No comments: