Monday, November 05, 2007

get the juices flowing...

So I didn't mean to sound like a Grinch in the last post, nor did I mean to disparage the Mame song. Because I like Christmas. I do. And I am already thinking about it, especially gift ideas. I spent yesterday and some of Saturday afternoon working on my holiday cards. No, not actually writing/sending them (how organized do you think I AM?) but making them. I've kind of moved away from the scrapbooking (because without that 30% Archiver's discount man, it is a really !@#$*%&^ expensive hobby. So I've been making more cards. I've made my holiday cards for the past few years, with a few exceptions (last year's winter Seurat, for instance. Too.Perfect. to. Pass.Up.). I was pretty frustrated though on Saturday. I really felt like I'd lost my card making mojo.


Then Sunday, I bought Basic Grey's Figgy Pudding Card Kit and voila! I made the cards in the kit, but altered them a little bit so they had an individual kind of flava, and then I had other ideas and it just went from there. So yay!

Basic Grey has the best stuff ever... And if anyone has made the green box card, can you tell me what to do with it? I could not figure that one out...

No comments: