Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Take a Bao

Today I hit Wow Bao for lunch. I pass it every day and had wanted to go there for a while - I tried last week to go there and the line was out the door. No joke. This is a sign either that the place is super good OR that the place is too small. I will also admit that their little tagline makes me giggle. (I may be pushing the big 3-0 but the Outer Child definitely continues to be successful at suppressing her Inner Adult.)

I opted for a rice bowl (above. Pardon the photo, I snapped it with my phone) and not the famed Bao (which are steamed Chinese dumpling type things). Looks sort of like cat food on rice, doesn't it? And, possibly more disturbingly, it sort of smelled like cat food too.
The verdict? Okay, not great. It's kind of like Chipotle's burrito bowls but with more of an Asian flavor (and tons of cilantro. WTF is with the cilantro?) You get more food for your buck at Chipotle AND you can get their fabulous guacamole too. And their chicken looks and smells like chicken and not like something I would give to Start and Finish.
Anyway, if you're coming down to the loop for a visit and you want to take me to lunch, we won't get The Bao.

1 comment:

Bob said...

Whatever that is on that plate don't look too good.