Monday, November 26, 2007

The Woman Without a Shadow...

I know I haven't been posting a lot about opera lately. Reason being, I haven't been to any lately. Since I was sick last week, we ended up not going to Caesar. I love David Daniels as much as the next girl, but 4 and a half hours of Handel with a pounding headache, runny nose, sniffles and sore throat didn't sound like a good time to me (imagine that).

But we're back to Lyric tonight for this. It is another long one - clocking in at 4 hours, with an early curtain time of 6:30. I am looking forward to seeing Deborah Voigt, who is wonderful.

Just a sidebar here - can anyone explain to me that ugly cracked out Skrebneski photo of her they're using for this opera?? YUCK. She doesn't have a shadow, so that must mean she's neon green and visible from outer space? Very very very strange. I much prefer the new production images from the Met. Go to their website www.metoperafamily.org and there's a menu on the left side that gives you a link for new production images for 2007-2008. Natalie as Lucia? Gorgeous. Susan as Iphigenie? Also gorgeous. And the new Hansel and Gretel images are kinda cute, too.) Paging Lyric's marketing department: Watch and Learn.

Oh, and while you're at it, can you please stop sending me single ticket brochures? I already subsrcibe. What makes you think I want to buy tickets for multiple viewings of "Doctor Atomic"?? I'm not even sure I want to see it once!

Right, okay sorry. Full report of Frau tomorrow.

No comments: