Tuesday, January 27, 2009

a classic love story on skates


That's right! I just got my tickets for Xanadu! I am excited, it sounds like so much fun. Every time I walk by one of the theaters downtown (I pass the Cadillac Palace and the Oriental on my walk from the station every day), I start singing "ZZZZZZZ---AANNNN-- AHHHH-- DOOOO" so now I can finally see it and get that out of my head. And about time, too, I think people walking by and hearing me singing away are thinking I am a bit farmhouse nutty.
This also reminds me of one of the Rock Boat cruises. All of them took place on Carnival ships that had been decorated sometime in the 70s and had pretty much not seen any updates since. It was all bright colors and blinding patterns - which was not fun after a few drinks, I am telling you. Anyway, the last cruise we were on, some of the shows took place in the Xanadu lounge. Ah, good times, good times...
Can't wait! I'm seeing it on Sunday 2/8, and will report fully afterwards.


No comments: