Thursday, January 15, 2009

the following takes place between 8:00 and 9:00 am

So, I was watching something or other on the tv and I saw a commercial for McCafe beverages, you know, the new fancy coffee at McDonald's. Hmmm, I thought, watching the foamy hot milk and the delicious looking chocolate pools. I wonder if those are good? Probably cheaper than getting the brew at Starbucks* and look at how fantastic that looks on tv and do they really make the "M" like that in the foam? And lo and behold the following morning I went and got myself a mocha because they just looked so darned good on that commerical. It was okay, not terrific, I was happy to hold a hot cup (this was yesterday) and so I think I would have thought a cup of steaming hot water a delicious prospect. There was no M in the foam (damn).

Also, I've been getting sucked back in to a few tv shows I'd sort of grown away from. The two hour premiere event for "24" was on Monday and I really like Kiefer Sutherland, but the thing with 24 is that it takes itself so seriously. Like, I would have had that song "So you had a bad day" playing over the commercial teasers, because honestly, this man has had nothing but horrible days in his life. Just once, it would be kind of fun to have the show open with Jack wearing his bathrobe and enjoying his morning coffee and some pancakes BEFORE all the wacky mayhem ensues. Or, "the following takes place between 9:00 and 10:00" showing Jack trying to return something without a receipt. Or, like, checking his facebook page (Hey look, Tony Almeda just "friended" me!) Anyway, 24 was on, I was doing something else, but I found myself getting all drawn into the action. Gosh, I thought, how is Jack going to bust Tony out of the FBI HQ? Is the FBI computer chick (Janeane Garofalo! Where have you been??) going to out-Chloe Chloe (Pft. As if!) who was doing some ace FBI systems hacking? So I had to watch and see what was going to happen. I went away during the second hour, so I don't know what other trouble Jack has managed to get himself in to, but I am afraid of getting too sucked in...

AND speaking of getting sucked in, American Idol has started up again. In the past, it had so pissed me off (ooh, I think it's because Chris Daughtry was prematurely voted off) and so I had started a one-woman anti-idol crusade. It was weird though, because even though I wasn't physically watching it, I STILL knew what was going on. So last night, the audition round in Kansas City was on, and I got all sucked in and started watching it. I really do like the auditions, but as the show goes on, I lose interest. It was kind of boring last night, actually, Simon was not too terribly narky (although he got in a really good dig at a girl by telling her her song sounded like a cat falling off the empire state building) Paula was not too terribly crazy, the new judge seems cool, where's the fun in that??

* Remember the disasterous tea latte thing? I emailed Starbucks' rival, telling them how much I aime their product and how I will never stray again and... I've heard NOTHING. Not even thanks a lot for liking our tea!

No comments: