Thursday, January 22, 2009

ding dong, the witch is dead...


Wicked is ending its Chicago run this weekend. I saw it, when it first opened here, I think we took Beth for her birthday?? Don't remember. We were all the way in the back of the house in the nosebleeds. I remember it was loud, it was fun, there was a lot of rah rah girl power sisterhood stuff in it, and the music was pretty (and we sang the shit out of when I took voice classes at Virtuoso) and now? I am Over It. Time Out Chicago had this to say about the show's departure... here


So, as soon as we get rid of Jersey Boys, we will be able to have more stuff tour through here. It's not like I have anything against juke box musicals per se, but I have zero interest in Jersey Boys. If I want to listen to the 4 Seasons, I'll listen to the 4 Seasons, a little of that voice (or people pretending to have that voice) goes a long way... That said, I will most likely wander around for the rest of the day going "Walk like a MAN, my Sooo-ohhohhoohh-NNN!" because their music is infectious. But anyway, now that the Oriental is freed up, we will be able to bring in the tour/homecoming of August:Osage County (according to Playbill.

No comments: