Friday, January 09, 2009

sing out, louise

Haven't you seen Gypsy yet? Do you not believe me when I rattle on in blog posts about how great it is? "The Stuff Broadway Dreams are Made Of" according to the Daily News, and lemme tell you, they are not wrong. It closes on Sunday, so get your ass in gear and get some tickets. I had planned to go when it was set to close in March, and I found out upon my return from my most recent NYC trip that it would close early. That was also the same day I got into my little fender bender - and really? I think I was more upset about the show closing... Since my checkbook will not sustain another jaunt to the city so close to the last one, I will have to be content with the last time I saw it, which you know? Was pretty damn great. All in all, I saw the thing 12 times, counting Ravinia, City Center and Broadway and it was worth it - great show, a diva who is the very definition of "beyond beyond" new friends (who taught me all I know and who just understand) and lots of memories.
Ravinia
(I am totally in this photo - back row on the right - you can see my head!)
City Center!

No comments: