Friday, April 23, 2010

tonight!

All aboard and full steam ahead! This is where I will be tonight (and into the wee hours of tomorrow). Sometimes I get the chance to leave my regular life and step into this ultra-glam one, for a few hours, anyway, when I am not working at the event! I still need to look pretty, so I got a manicure yesterday and managed not to do any serious damage to it (yet). I always manage to screw up my manicures because I am SO impatient. One year, I got a French manicure and went to work at Archivers, where I promptly got a nail caught on a blue ink pad. True story. Or I don't sit under the dryer long enough and rub against something and ruin it. You'd think I would get the idea by now, but...

I am also planning to go across the way and get some professional help with my hair. The past few years, I've gotten blow outs on gala day - but when I do that at 12:00, by the time I am actually at the Gala it has fallen flat. Such is the curse of the thin, fine hair. So I am going to ask them to put it "up." Something elegant and classy, like, and not an updo of the "what the fuck is THAT" variety. Once, we were doing some hair modeling for updo practice for one of my friends who is a stylist. Her "boss" came and told us that philosophy - when you come into a room with one of my styles, he said, people should look at you and go "what the fuck is THAT?" which is personally not what I want people to be asking themselves when I enter a room. I would prefer a standing ovation, please, when I walk into the room, not people pointing and sniggering and going, what happened to her head? I never really listened to that guy because 1) he was a db of the first water and 2) he had these crazy ass zig-zag sideburns and really? I could not ever take someone seriously with facial hair like that.

So anyway, the aim is elegant and classy and I will try and document the evening... but first, to work!


No comments: