Friday, April 02, 2010

totally not andrew lloyd webber

Happy Friday and Happy Easter everyone! I've been taking a bit of a spring break this week, took some days off to enjoy the lovely weather (80! In Chicago! In March/April!), get my oil changed, shop, and recharge my batteries (in every possible sense). But Diva Lessons know no holidays, and the show must go on, etc.

The below is from the Rosie show - the picture doesn't match the sound really well, weirdly, so don't pay too much attention to that. It is a really lovely song and one of my favorites. I actually sang it back when I was taking voice lessons, and when I finished, one of my classmates looked at me and said excitedly, "What a great song! Is it Andrew Lloyd Webber?"

No! Nononono! It's not. It's Lennon/McCartney (and note to all you American Idols in advance of next week - watch and learn, people. This is how you handle a song from the Lennon/McCartney songbook. Okay, Tim?)



In other Diva news, Ms. Patti chose a winning title of the many submitted for her new book. Go here, because you probably wouldn't believe me if I told you. And no, I don't know why she needed a contest, only to pick that. Yes, I submitted some titles. No, obviously they weren't selected. But the one chosen never even crossed my mind. Like, ever. I was trying to be all creative and outside the box and so on. But c'est la vie. (Go on, say it!)

But mine is not to Question the Diva. Mine is only to read the book and soak in the potentially dishy gossip. As Randy might say, Yo, Patti! I have mad love for you, baby. I think she will totally go places and do stuff.

Okay, I'm done.

Happy Friday!

No comments: