Saturday, August 04, 2007

in need of professional help...

My ticket fairy godmother has visited me in the night, hit me with her wand and is sending me to the ball... okay, the Ravinia Gala tonight, featuring Placido Domingo. I debated going all week, but by the time I decided to cough up the higher than normal pavilion seat price, the cheap(ish) ones were all sold out! And I didn't want to pay the higher than normal lawn ticket price, to sit there by myself and watch Himself on a large video screen (which they are using for the poor schlubs on the lawn for this concert). Good thing, too, because it's totally going to rain.

Enter a former colleague of mine who decided they don't want to go tonight (????) and is giving me tickets to everything - pavillion, dinner and cocktails. I've been beautifying all day in preparation.

More to come, but I am very very excited to see Placido. He's probably my favorite of the Three Tenors (even though Luciano Pavarotti is from my family's home citta of Modena, Italy). I don't know how many more chances there will be to see him live (and I passed up my chance to see him in the Ring Cycle at Lyric a few years back. Nobody could make me want to see Wagner. Nobody.)

No comments: