Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Looking Ahead...

Here is what my 2007-2008 Entertainment Schedule is looking like at this current moment:

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels at the Auditorium Theatre (now thru Sept) still need to buy tickets

Patti & Audra at Ravinia 8.26 (!!)

Passion at Chicago Shakespeare Theatre (10.2 through 11.11. I'm gonna get me some tickets to this even though I am a little doubtful about Ana Gasteyer. I missed her in Wicked, so someone needs to clue me in on her ability as a singer.)

La Boheme at Lyric Opera (10.1) My first chance to see Angela Gheorghiu (or however you spell it) - if she doesn't cancel, that is.

Giselle (running 10.17 thru 10.28) My first classical ballet experience (shhhhhh)

Caesar at Lyric (11.19) Ohhh, David Daniels.

Die Frau Ohne Schatten (11.26) I am celebrating the birthday of my TBV group by going to the opera and seeing - uh - well, it would be better if it was Renee, but it's Debbie Voigt, who was spectacular in Salome last season, so I am expecting good things.

The Nutcracker (12.12 thru 12.30) The ultimate Christmas in Chicago experience. I am looking forward to this, since I've wanted to go forever and now I can go whenever.I.want!

Doctor Atomic (12.17) at Lyric

La Traviata (1.14) at Lyric. Finally, Renee's back in Chicago! I just noticed single tickets are on sale, and subscribers can buy additional ones, so I am going go snap up a few extra performances of this one... Anybody wanna come??? Gotta get it in while she's here...

Falstaff (1.28) at Lyric. A few years ago, Bryn Terfel played the title role but I've heard he's retiring it for the time being. Too bad. While I was standing in the student rush line for Rent, I should have been checking out Bryn as Falstaff. But we live and learn. All the Lyric website had to say about this new Falstaff is that he's really tall (like 6'5") which is important, you know, but doesn't speak a whole lot to his singing.

Antony Tudor Centennial (2.20 thru 3.2) More ballet. For the past few months I've been calling him "Anthony" which shows you how much I know.

Barber of Seville (3.3) Three words: Juan Diego Florez. {swoon}

Eugene Onegin (3.24) at Lyric. Some of this season I feel is a giant Met re-tread - especially La Traviata, Barber and Onegin, all of which were at the Met last season. Most people saw a few of these on the tv or at the movies. So I'll see Onegin again. If I'd been in New York long enough to see it a second time with Renee as Tatiana, I would have, but otherwise once is usually enough for most of these. I do love Dmitri though, so at least there's that to look forward to...

American Moderns (5.14 thru 5.25) modern ballet.

So that's how it's shaping up. I'm hoping to get to NYC at some point (maybe for Otello at the Met? Maybe for La T? I'd also love to go and see Sunday in the Park with George...). I guess we'll see what happens...

Of course, our Broadway (in Chicago) prospects are pretty slim. We're getting Jersey Boys (a show I don't understand at all), Color Purple is closing early only to be replaced with... wait for it... POTO. We never get anything good....

No comments: