Tuesday, July 10, 2007

arts&crafts

I wish I was as skilled at knitting as Emily, but I am telling you now, it will be a cold day in hell before I ever do anything as nifty as her new lace project. Honestly. I can't even purl yet.

This does not prevent me from having many different projects going, all in various stages of progress:

- the blanket: it's all knit stitch and it looks really cool actually, but there's something about sitting around in no air conditioning (long story, I won't bore you) in 90 degree heat with a whole bunch of wool on your lap). I am hoping to finish it soon though.

- the ribbon yarn scarf: since I started knitting, using the ribbon yarn was my goal, since I am in love with it. I have 3 varieties of ribbon yarn. One black and white, almost done. One rainbow, started, then forgot how to cast off and it totally fell apart. One pink, started, but I don't like how it looks, and am on the fence on what to do about it.

- other: I have a pink kind of raggedy looking yarn that I've been working on since February. It fell off the needles after I took it to NYC so I had to start again, and haven't finished....

Other than that, I haven't done any crafting at all. I've moved away from the scrapbooking - although I did make a really nifty mini album for a friend of mine for her birthday. It's probably because I've been out of here for so long. I'm not spending all my money on crap, I'm spending it on her instead. Oh, and shoes. That's more fun than scrap mania any day....

No comments: