Friday, July 06, 2007

Just Gimme the Degree, Already!

I visited my thesis advisor yesterday (walked about 10 blocks from here to school, to the post office, then back here... at least I am getting my exercise!) and good news, kids, I'm almost done with this thing!

He made notes on my draft which he said was "very good work" and "you should be very proud of this." Soooo, I have to make the suggested edits (which really are more stylistic than content. Stuff like how to use block quotes and elipses correctly. I admit, I am free and easy with my punctuation. I like using the elipsis and dashes in a way that is not prescribed in the Turabian guide.) Then, I have to send revised copy back to him and my committee members (if I can track them down, that is) have them give their comments, and then.... I schedule an oral presentation with them. Voila! Bob is my uncle. (Well, actually, Bob is not my uncle. I know only 2 people named Bob and neither of them are related to me. I have uncles by the name of Tony, Frank, Paul, Joe, Steve, Bill and Sam. But no Roberts or Bobs. But I digress.)

Personally I think that they should just give me the degree - I have, after all, passed the biggest test there is - getting a job in my chosen field - actually doing the arts management. That has to be a better display of my talents than writing a paper, don't you think?

No comments: