Tuesday, July 24, 2007

by the way...

I did some other stuff this weekend aside from seeing Gypsy (but not much).
Friday, I headed downtown to do a little shopping at the South Street Seaport and see Cara. I was also really tempted to see the Body World exhibit they had at the Seaport, y'know, those bodies that they do some kind of weird procedure with and then pose them around? But it was SO expensive, and I skipped it. Had a manicure instead. Much less graphic and gross. I have some pictures from downtown, it was SUCH a beautiful day, but you will just have to use your imagination for now, till I can get them up here.

It was fun seeing Cara, my roommate in college for 4 years, now a high-powered attorney living on Wall Street. Seriously. Right on Wall Street. Anyway. We went for sushi near her place and spent the whole afternoon catching up. I went back to the hotel to change before I went back to City Center. Did the stage door afterwards and then went to a little place around the corner to have some food, as I'd only bolted a sandwich and some ring-dings at the hotel before the show. For some reason, I had a hard time getting a cab after that, so I walked to Columbus Circle to try and get one there. Was a little tempted by the Harry Potterpalooza that was going on, and it was almost midnight. I was very close to going to check out the festivities, but I was SO exhausted, I went to the hotel and went to sleep instead.

I DID get the book, the next morning in Lincoln Center. I finished it Sunday on the plane. And, can I just say: I was (SO) right about a certain plot development??? HAHAHA. JK Rowling, you are an evil genius (and since I totally called something, does that make ME an evil genius as well?? I think so!).

Okay, okay, moving on.....

No comments: