Sunday, July 29, 2007

Fore!

Oye. I shoulda stayed in New York, I'm telling you. Yesterday, I'm in my car, driving along doing errands, minding my own business. I'm driving near a golf course, and all of a sudden, a golf ball comes flying out of nowhere and - I am sure you can guess - hits my car. Thunk. Thank god it didn't hit the windshield, but it did create a big old honking dent right in front. My dad suggested I go to the police station to file some kind of accident report - even if nothing happens, it will at least alert the golf course that there's a problem with their idiot golfers creating havoc on innocently driving people. So, okay, I head to MGPD, who promptly tell me that the side of the street in question is not in their jurisdiction. WHich is completely bizarre, but whatever. They send me to Glenview. The cops there tell me the same thing, and send me to the village of Golf. I go there and nobody is home (it's a really small place). So I called their non emergency number and they direct me to the forest preserve police and say they'll send somebody over.

Which would be fine, except I had volunteered to help out at Joffrey's Summer Intensive Showcase, and had to be downtown by 12 (our police station extravaganza happened at like 10:30. Finally we went to the actual !@#$*%& golf course and they couldn't tell us what to do either. I had to leave, and hauled it downtown. Had no sooner parked the car when the forest preserve guy called my cell and took my report on the phone.

Geez. So that was my Saturday. Last Saturday was much more fun....

No comments: