Tuesday, December 11, 2007

wish me luck!

Today at 3:00 central time, I am strapping on my skates and heading down to Columbia to Defend the Masterwork.

Please send your positive brainwaves my way, say a novena, light a candle, whatever, that I a) don't fall down (even though I am planning to take a cab!) and b) that I don't forget what I'm talking about and start gibbering talkish while I am before the committee. My advisor was really kind of vague on what happens in an oral presentation such as this. "It's a rite of passage," he said. I could do a power point or not, then they'll ask questions just about the work, there won't be a sudden pop quiz on all the stuff I learned but have now forgotten. Then it'll be done, and I'll be an alum who can then, as my advisor put it "start giving us money." Hahahahaha. Yeah, right.

No comments: