Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Happy Journal

Back in my old job, my former boss had suggested to me (and I cannot now for the life of me remember what would have led us to have this conversation) that I keep a "Happy Journal" where I would record things that happened each day that made me happy. Umm, yeah, I am not sure I need to tell you that I didn't really do that. Not that things don't make me happy, it's just that I was really bad at keeping a journal and didn't feel the need to list out the good things in my life on a daily basis. I feel like I talk too much in this blog about negative stuff - a lot of venting and I don't mean to sound like a grumpy old lady because really? I am pretty happy.

So allow me to now give you some highlights of what has been making me happy lately:

1. (Nerd alert!) Hanging out with my friend Beth, making cards and going shopping. I've known Beth since kindergarten. She shares my love of musical theater (heck, we took voice and tap lessons together a few years ago), shopping and crafting. She has a completely awesome little place for all her scrapbooking materials and it was fun to sit and play and catch up.

2. Unexpected hotness. I was flipping channels and came across the second Tomb Raider movie, which stars Gerard Butler. Unfortunately it was on one of the Spanish networks, so I didn't understand a word they were saying, but he is totally hot in any language.

3. The phrase "yumness on a stick" courtesy of my friend Beth (see #1) and our marathon dessert session we had with two other friends at Baker's Square Saturday night (cuz that's how we roll in the MG... kicking it, suburban style...)

4. Trader Joe's lemon cookies with the chocolate drizzle. Oh. My. God.*

5. Clear, plowed, salted and snowless streets.

6. Jon Stewart.

7. My upcoming vacation!!

8. Free lunch... at the Palmer House, including lobster, champagne and chocolate mousse.

9. The fact that I get to call #8 "work" (not bad for a Monday!)

10. Chilling on the couch with a warm cat on my lap, reading or doing crosswords.

11. Our Tuesday afternoon knitting club at the office.

12. Being able to cross things off my to-do list.

13. Argo tea's earl grey vanilla creme latte

* SO much better than cheese.

No comments: