Thursday, February 14, 2008

My Media Week

Not technically tagged, but I haven't posted in a while, so here ya'll go...



Books...
Been reading a lot lately...
Big Boned by Meg Cabot - I know, but whatever. I like me some chick lit every now and then.

Sunday in the Park with George - homework for when I see it next month.

Actors at Work - Rosemarie Tichler, Barry Jay Kaplan profiling stage and screen actors Patti LuPone, Kevin Kline, Mandy Patinkin, Marian Seldes, John Lithgow and many others... I have only just started reading this one, but it's pretty good reading

Teach with your Heart: Lessons I Learned from the Freedom Writers - Erin Gruwell - Oh my god, this book made me cry. It's so inspiring and moving - what this young teacher is able to do for these kids who were labeled as bad or at risk...

TV...
Not a lot of tv this week, surprisingly. News, Wheel of Fortune when I get home, America's Next Top Model, part of CSI last night... I think they're reshowing the "House" episode called "Frozen" tonight...

Music...
In the car this week it's been La Patti's Lady with the Torch, specifically "Early Autumn" although yesterday it was "I Wanna be Around" - also Sunday in the Park with George (prep!), Renee Fleming, and when I'm with mom, the Three Tenors.

On the iPod, it's a crazy mix of stuff... I've got opera divas (okay, Diva - Renee), broadway divas (Patti, Audra, Bernadette, Christine), some pop (KT Tunstall, a surprising number of American Idols, and an alarming number of Spice Girls, geez this is turning into some kind of confessional) some indy singer-songwriters (Edwin McCain, Marc Broussard, Sister Hazel and Will Hoge) a little rock'n'roll (U2), the list goes on and on....

No comments: