Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Randomness...

My brain is a little fried this week, due to about a million things happening at work (some fool decided to put ME in charge of organizing our department's budgets for next year. AACCK!), an opening night next week (anybody out there like ballet? we should talk about a performance that you will really need to see in the next few weeks...) snow & snow & snow & snow... Really? It's getting a little old. But I haven't gotten stuck lately, which is a good thing.

Some more random musings:
Did anyone catch the Grammys? I watched only to see if Renee won anything (she didn't. Boo). Not because I thought she'd be on, since the show's idea of "classical artists" have been more of the pop classical variety. For instance, the featured performers were Lang Lang and.... hmmm, was it Herbie Hancock? Playing a LONG and very boring version of... was it Rhapsody in Blue? Too long. Not at all interesting. And then Andrea Bocelli and Josh Groban singing the Prayer, which they recycled from when Bocelli sang the same song with Celine Dion a few years ago. Arrrghhhhh. The broadcast was very odd in general. Some weird pairings and LONG segments - the Beatles tribute was long and completely bizzare and there were a few others that I just sat there going get the h*** (no more swearing for me, remember?) on with it! Like Aretha Franklin and her gospel thing. But at least it wasn't Nessun Dorma (shudder).

I ended up having a few songs stuck in my head - Alicia Keys' song (thank GOD John Mayer only turned up to play. HATE.) and, strangely, "Rehab" by Amy Winehouse. I'd only heard OF her before the awards show, and so I was curious to see what all the fuss was about. Her voice is interesting, but what's with the hair? And the eyeliner? And she looked completely out of it during the telecast, but I think it was about 3 am in London, and I'm giving the girl the benefit of the doubt and hoping she was just a little tired and nervous. But honestly? I don't really get it...

So, anyway... I got my tickets for Sweeney Todd in Chicago in April. Not because I figured out how to order a gosh darned thing from the Broadway in Chicago site (hello? You want people to see your shows, yes? Could you make it any harder to figure out how to obtain tickets? I was totally willing to buy a series, but could not for the life of me figure out how to do it.) but because a colleague of mine was trying to get rid of a pair of tix from her aunt. I bought them from her. Woohoo!

Back to work now....

No comments: