Monday, February 18, 2008

Hey! Who moved my cheese?

No, seriously. Where is it?

We share our office (and fridge) space with a motley crew of outsourced telemarketers who run various campaigns on our behalf. They do their jobs well enough, I guess, although I never see anyone doing any actual calling when they are in the office. They do talk a good game - although not about us (I mean, yikes. If I got a call from some of these people, I'd totally hang up. Some of them are SO mechanical sounding, it makes me cringe.) Whenever I hear them talking, it is typically really loudly in our little tiny kitchen, just down the hall from my little room. I've yet to come screaming out into the hallway yelling at them to shut the !##*$&#% up all ready, but I've come close a few times, believe me.

They also sit around in their little area, blocking the hallways for us actual employees (ooh, paging the Bitter party of one!) and then they give YOU the dirty look for trying to get by. Well, excuse me!

But the worst thing, I think, is the whole sharing the fridge thing. Is the concept so hard to grasp? If you didn't bring it, don't eat it? Just because it's nailed down doesn't mean it's up for grabs... Then if we do have food for sharing, they swoop in and eat it all, even if not specifically invited to do so...

Sorry, sorry. I don't mean to bitch. It's just that sometimes I wonder about people... And also? I really wanted that cheese....

2 comments:

HughE Dillon said...

You should have some girl scout cookies. they are delicious, much better than cheese.

BroadwayBaby said...

This is very true. They are totally better than cheese. I have not been able to find any girl scouts though...