Friday, March 19, 2010

i am lion, hear me roar...

I don't know what's putting me in the spirit of pramfulls of puppies and cuddly wuddly baby lions, but here's some cute for your Friday morning. This cub is 2 days old and is living in SIBERIA - in Krasnoyarsk!! This reminds me of Marian Keyes' wonderful new book - "The Brightest Star in the Sky" where a character uses cities that end in "sk" as sort of new curse words. I really think she is onto something with this. One of the best ones she used was "Irkutsk!" There is a lot of power in yelling that. It just sounds so fiery. Especially when you are in the car. "MINSK!" is also a good one. Very satisfying. No, seriously, try it. She also uses "Gdansk" but that's more of a happy one. Like, "Gdansk, have a nice day!" "Krasnoyarsk!" sounds like another winner to me. When I saw the caption of this photo online and saw the city, it made me smile. And so did the widdle baby lion.

Now please go and read Marian's book. It's really wonderful, charming and funny and sad too. You won't regret it. G'dansk!!

No comments: